Friday, June 8, 2012

Where is Pemberley?

Oops.........I have just noticed that I have never posted anything made with Pemberley, one of the paper packets featured in the Spring/Summer 2012 Idea Book.  I remember that when I first received a copy of the idea book, I stared at the page that shows the Pemberley packet and was not ready to turn to the next page.  I love the blues!  Then why have I not shown anything made with it?  Perhaps I am worried that my creation was not up to standard to match the elegance of the paper packet?

I saw a sketch on Freshly Made Sketches that I instantly associated it with Pemberley :


This is what I've made:


Does the flower look dimensional to you?  If not, how about this:


The flower was stamped five times and the layers were put together with foam tape.  In person it looks quite dimensional even from a distance.  I hope the picture captures the depth.

Did the see the white sentiment?  I've tried one thing new - instead of using white embossing powder I've used pigment ink and then put on clear embossing powder.  Not bad, right?  I think if I use white embossing powder the sentiment will pop even more.  Let me try it next time and share the results with you.  Before then, happy crafting!

Materials used:
1.  Pemberley paper packet
2.  Honey cardstock
3.  Cocoa cardstock
4.  Card Word Puzzle stamp set
5.  A Garden stamp set
6.  Outdoor Denim Exclusive Inks Stamp Pad

5 comments:

  1. Great choice of colors! Reminds me of our beloved Cal Bears (UC Berkeley). That big dimensional flower is awesome - just love all those layers! I have to say I much prefer using clear embossing powder; with white I just always get embossed white flecks where I don't want them. At least clear ones are harder to see. I think I'm just a lazy embosser. I am in awe of those who can get crisp clean images using colored embossing powders. Thanks for sharing your card at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the layered flower. My favorite technique with the Card Word Puzzle set! Thanks for playing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow ... what a stunner that layered flower is, you have put this together beautifully!
    Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the layers! That sure was a lot of cutting! What a lovely card! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card! I love that dimensional flower. Thanks for the second picture of it, because I didn't notice it in the front-facing card. Really beautiful and well done! Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete