Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Leaves

Because of the long weekend, I took advantage of the extra time to visit my old friends - my stash.  I saw the stamp set Many Thanks and wanted to try something new with it.

I had this idea because of the challenge over at The Paper Players - it is asking us to create a project with leaves or trees.  This stamp set has many different styles of leaves and I thought I should take the challenge and try it out. 


Then I saw the sketch at Fetch a Sketch:



So I've picked two leaves that are pretty much the same in pattern but different in size to create this card:


I'm happy that the old stamp does blend in quite well with the new Flirty paper.  Glad that I've spent some time with my old friend!

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. Joyce this is so pretty. I love that you used two different sized stamps and a monochromatic color scheme. It really highlights the gorgeous colors of fall leaves and the leaves work beautifully with your background DSP. So glad you joined the Paper Players this week
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty take on both challenges. I love the wreath you've made with leaves. Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea to create a wreath with the leaves! Love this! Thanks for playing along with The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete