Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Our Hearts are With You

Sympathy cards are one of those kinds of cards that are very difficult to make.  For me, it is even more difficult than musculine cards.  This year, for whatever reasons, I have made a couple of them and they were used already. 

Some of my friends "borrow" cards from my stash.  The demand was the greatest in May for Mother's Day (For the dads out there: we love you too!), and unfortunately many had to borrow my sympahty cards, leaving them extremely low in the inventory.  So I was prompted to make one today.

My inspiration came from two sources: CAS-ual Fridays that asks us to put our heart into it:


and a color combo provided by CR84FN Color Challenge:


I've chosen Blush, Desert Sand and Colonial White to replace Light Pink, Tan and Cream respectively.

My card has very clean lines but nevertheless embellished by a pewter element:


I wanted to make a card that is not in the usual size of 4.25" x 5.5" so I made this one of 8" x 3.5".  I have only used one stamp image, except that I "broke" the image into two parts where I stamped "are with you" first, then lined up the pewter bracket and found where I should stamp "hearts".  There was no more room for the word "Our" so I wrote it on the little heart sponged in Blush.  Not bad, huh?

Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. Love how you created your sentiment! Fabulous job! Thanks for playing along this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Joyce! Love the ornate frame! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card Joyce, I love the vintage frame and that pretty heart.
    Thanks for joining us at Cr84Fn this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you didn't make your card in the traditional size! Great design! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the pewter frame and how you split the sentiment in two! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete