Monday, December 24, 2012

It's Cupcake Week!

I'm sure you all agree that this is a busy time of the year.   One of the reasons that I started preparing my Christmas cards early is that I have many birthday cards to prepare this time of the year.  Many of my friends' birthdays fall in the month of January, and in previous years I was not able to create as much as I wish, or the quality of the cards was not up to standard.

I'm glad that this year I can start preparing the birthday cards at this time, when I used to be hurrying to finish the last-minute X'mas cards.

I've already made a couple of birthday cards which all have a cupcake.  I'll share them one by one in the new few days.

I've adopted the sketch from Try Stampin' On Tuesday to make this Birthday card.  It is an amalgam of various things: Dotty for You paper pack, Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge  and the new Whooo's Your Valentine stamp set:


You see the chevron on the right and the hearts on the tag?  They are done by repeat stamping.  The chevron should be more conspicuous because it is grey on white, while the hearts are tone-on-tone.  I can't decide I like which one better as I like them both!  Making your own patterned paper is really one of the best uses of your stamps and I can't help doing it more often.

The original sketch looks like this:


It is Christmas Eve and I hope you are all set for tomorrow.  If you have things unfinished, don't worry and don't panic.  You are not alone and we all understand.  Enjoy the time with family and friends.  Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE it!!! The cupcake is a fabulous shape to use--especially for a birthday card! Thank you SO MUCH for joining us at TSOT! Happy holidays and I hope you join us for a new challenge TOMORROW!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute cupcake. Love the soft colours of your card. Thanks for playing at Try Stampin'.

    ReplyDelete