Monday, May 20, 2013

Glitter

How do your new products remind you to try them out? Mine sit in a box that's dedicated to new products.  My box is overflowing so I really need to pay attention to them (and my credit card bill!)

I have had the Derwent Metallic Pencils and the Ranger Embossing Powder (Holographic) for quite a while but have never tried them out.  They seem to go well together because of they best show their qualities on dark paper so I'd give it a try in this week's One Layer Wednesday challenge.  Heather asks that we create a border.  So I stamped the hexagon border from Avery Elle with Versamark, heat set with Close to My Heart black embossing powder then colored them with the Metallic Pencils.  They are watersoluble but I have yet tested that characteristic.  In fact, I liked it so much after coloring the hexagons that I worried that water will mess up the whole thing so I paused.  "Thanks" from Paper Smooches was also stamped in Versamark, but was heat set with the Holographic powder.  It looks really cool in person!  I'm afraid my camera does not do a good job and even if I had a fancy camera I couldn't capture the glitter effect.  So cool!


I think it will make a nice Thank You card.  So glad that I've tried the metallic pencils and the embossing powder.  They will definitely be used on other projects in the near future!  I'm off to trying my other new products.  Thanks for stopping by!


Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Wow metallic pencils look great on black background :) I love ur idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The metallic pencils create a sheen and hexagons make a great border.

    ReplyDelete