Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Stamping

This week Color My Heart's challenge asks us to use Hollyhock, Cotton Candy and Blush.  They are all girly, pinky colors.  I rarely use three shades of pink at the same time so I think it will be a good opportunity to challenge myself.

I first took out my cardstocks but I didn't have a clue how I wanted to use them, so I turned to the fun of stamping.

I first cut one a heart using Art Philosophy at 3" as a mask.  Then I pulled out a lot of floral stamps and inked them up in Hollyhock, the darkest shade.  After the first round of stamping around the heart, I turned to Cotton Candy.  By then the card is quite fully occupied except the bottom part, so I finished off with stamping in Blush.  The finishing touch is stamping the sentiment in black.  Voila!

I thought about trimming it down and mounting it on one of the three cardstocks.  Eventually I left it the way it is.  There is something special about one layered cards and I'll make this card one of those.

Did I mention this is an idea from the craft guru Jennifer McGuire?  I watched a video made by her on youtube and copied the idea for my card, except that her card has an off-centered heart and she has used a colorful palette rather than a monotone.



How many stamp sets have I used?  Here they are:
1.  Perfect Fit - Mom
2.  A Tree
3.  A Blossom
4.  4 My Friend

In my trial version I have used many more stamp sets, but I didn't like it because that I think this technique works much better with solid stamps so I had opted to use repeated images rather than multiple outline images.

Have you looked at the challenge at Heart 2 Heart?  It is all about flowers.  Check it out!

Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It

5 comments:

  1. Perfect combination of H2H and the Color Dare this week! I agree with you about the solid stamps making this really go, "Shazam!" Thanks for joining us at Color My Heart this week! We look forward to seeing more of you and your great ideas!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT idea, Joyce. You kind of have that "ombre" effect going on, with the different shades of pink. Brilliant to mask off the sentiment space, too. You should check out the blog "Cards in Envy". Not sure what the challenge is this week, but they are always looking for one-layer cards, which don't cost more to send through the mail. Thanks for joining in at Color My Heart again this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Joyce, I really like how you stamped the images in concentric circles around your heart. You did a really good masking job! This will make a perfect girly birthday card! Love it! Thanks for playing at Color My Heart this week!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did see this over at H2H! Love the random pattern that you achieved with the heart outline! It really turned out lovely! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at Color My Heart. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love everything about your card....the random stamping, the monochromatic theme, and the masking! Thanks for playing along with at H2H!

    ReplyDelete