Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Christmas card

I should really catch up on making Christmas cards.  Look, it is almost Halloween!  I donate Christmas cards every year and I also give out stacks to some of my friends and relatives so they can in turn give to their friends and relatives.  Sometimes during Christmas visits it is fun to see my card given to one friend has landed in another friend's place.  LOL.

I used to make card sets where the cards given to the same friend/relative carry the same theme, patterned paper or the like, but this year I am doing something different.  For one reason I have got a lot of Christmas goodies (Thanks to the Close to My Heart Holidays From the Heart Gift Guide) and I have a tremendous volume of supplies to work with, and second, the cards go to different people anyway, the recipient does not know how other cards from the sender look like, so why bother making a set?

Having said that, because of the time crunch, I may have to make some cards that are truly easy to replicate. They could be given to different people, so no one will really notice that.  Shhhh....  I was really trying to use the Memory Box dies I bought a while back and I think this could be one of those that I'll replicate:


It is simple but elegant.  Some friends told me that a card like this is itself a small decoration on the mantle.  Great!

My card is entering the following challenges:
Craftitude - Anything Goes
Jo's Scrap Shack - Anything Goes
Polkadoodles - Christmas is coming
Sister Act Card Challenge - Anything Goes
Inkspirational - Anything Goes
Through the Craft Room Door - Anything Goes
52 CCT - Bling
 

Thanks for stopping by and Happy Crafting!

9 comments:

  1. LOVE this beautiful card! The wreath you made is just stunning and I adore the CAS feel! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is quite elegant! LOVE the delicate word in the middle of your fabulous wreath. Thanks so much for joining us this week at 52CCT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, this decorates a mantelpiece perfectly! Very pretty card. Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree - this is simple but elegant! The red rhinestone berries are the perfect amount of bling. Thanks for sharing your card with us at 52{C}CT. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty! Anyone would love to receive this for Christmas. Thanks for joining us at Craftitude.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is perfectly clean, simple and elegant. Just lovely. Thanks so much for playing along with 52CCT this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card so elegant thankyou for joining us in our challenge at Craftitude good luck fiona dt. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful enough for any mantlepiece at Christmas. Fab card, love the touches of bling! Perfect for the challenge at 52 CCT this week, thanks for playing

    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Joyce! Love the simplicity of your card and the sequins! Thanks for playing at 52CCT this week!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete