Monday, May 5, 2014

A (neutral) birthday card

Today I'm sharing a birthday card that is  gender neutral:


I was inspired by the challenge at CASE Study #189.  Vida Miller made a cute card with rows of hearts in different color and the sentiment was stamped in the open area of a heart-shaped die cut.  The rows of hearts reminded me of this Hero Arts die that has yet received any love from me.

I used the same color scheme for my card, so I've tucked strips of sky, buttercup and sorbet cardstock beneath the die cut background.  Instead of having hearts in the middle, I opted to use circles and big bold black sentiment which create a nice contrast against the background.

Be sure to check out the CASE Study #189 page.  There are tons of inspiration there!

My card is also linking up to:
Scrappy Hands - strips of paper
613 Avenue - Anything Goes
Challenges for everybody - Anything Goes
Dream Valley - Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. wow! that is a super fun card. I love the color scheme, it looks so happy and the whole card is so well made. Great JoB!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Striking fun CAS at it's best! Thanks for joining in with the Dream Valley 'Anything Goes' Challenge. Good luck. Hugs, Wends x - Dream Valley DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable Card!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at Scrappy Hands

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card!
    Love the background you created
    Thanks for playing with us at Scrappy Hands Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful CAS card! So colourful!

    Thanks for joining in at Dream Valley.

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete