Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Watercoloring an embossed image

I'm still enjoying the fun of watercoloring.  Hopefully you are too!


I've actually tried to watercolor an embossed image twice.  This is my second attempt.  My first attempt took me hours but I am still not sure I liked that.  For that one, I stamped an image repeatedly to create my own background.  Because the motif has a lot of open space, I colored each one in a different color, so it did take me forever.  This one came from a favorite background stamp of mine - lattice background.  Because each opening is of the same size, so coloring each space is not as time consuming.  I finished it by adding a banner and a die-cut, where the word Birthday is also colored in the same manner.

Even though it took me quite a while to finish coloring, I think it is well worth it.  Of course I am very happy to find one extra way to use my distress markers!

I'm linking up my card to
Card Mania - Emboss it
Artistic Inspiration - no designer paper/anything goes
CAS(e) this sketch


 Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. Your background looks amazing! Fabulous take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! I've been wanting to try out a similar color combination, but haven't gotten to it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card. I think your hard work really paid off with this one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the colourful background and so good together too, thanks for sharing over on artistic inspirations x

    ReplyDelete