Thursday, June 5, 2014

One more birthday card

I've mentioned numerous times that masculine cards are difficult.  Then yesterday I said that masculine cards for young gentlemen are even more difficult.  I decide to challenge myself to make two in a row!  And of course, you know, I have all those materials out already, why not use the same bundle to create a different card?


This time I'm using the circle die in the Stitched Party Banner die sets.  The stitches truly add a special touch to the circles.  I went ahead and die cut many of them then arranged them on a red cardstock to become a background.  Then I used the happy birthday sentiment from the Lawn Fawn #awesome set on a light green strip of cardstock.  Finally I stamped the robot, the cupcake and the gift, colored them and cut them out, assembled them and it's done.  Oh yes, the robot from yesterday's card has one empty hand but today's robot has his hands fully occupied. :)

Now that I have two on hand, I should be done with young gentlemen's birthday cards this year.  I am moving onto my next category!

I'm linking up my card to:
Crafting by Design - Anything Goes
Crafting for All Seasons - Boys will be boys
Creative Moments - Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp - Father's Day/Masculine
Through the Craft Room Door - Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. Great card, thanks for sharing it with us over at Creative Moments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joyce, this is just fantastic! For someone who finds cards for me difficult, you've made it look very easy! Thanks for playing along with us in the Boys Will Be Boys Challenge at Crafting For All Seasons!
    Good Luck
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute card Joyce. Like the idea of making a background with the circles. Thanks for sharing this with us at Through The Craft Room Door.
    Please join us again! (Hugs) Cara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute, Joyce! I love that new Lawn Fawn set and the fun way you used it. Thanks so much for playing along with the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Father's Day or Masculine!

    ReplyDelete