Tuesday, August 19, 2014

It's play day!

The last day of class over at Stretch Your Stamps 2 is a play day.  What's better than a play day in class?  I took out Rounded diamonds, the graphic stamp set from Avery Elle and Simply Fabulous Sayings from My Favorite Things to play.

I didn't have a plan for the card.  It's play day!  I'm just going to play.   Here's what I came up with:


I first cut out an A2 size panel for stamping.  Originally there was a row of red "fans" on top but it was trimmed off because I had to put the sentiment on the card base.  Have I convinced you that clear stamps make it really easy to line up images?  I don't have steady hands but I still managed to line them up fine.  Woo hoo~

I wanted to use the word "Amazing" from the Simply Fabulous Sayings then I thought I'd say "Have an Amazing day".  "Have an" comes from a retired Close to My Heart set, then the word "day" comes from the Winnie & Walter set.  Mixing and matching the words does stretch the use of our stamps.  Again, thanks to clear stamps I can first see whether they fit on my card and play with them to determine the placement of each words.  It's not difficult to line them up either. :)

I'm linking up my card to the following:
Fan-tastic Tuesday - Anything Goes
Sweet Stamps - Anything Goes
Through the Craft Room Door - Anything Goes
Top Tip Tuesday - Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp Challenge - Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by and have an AMAZING day!

5 comments:

  1. This is lovely! Thanks for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! - Ashli :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is pretty. Love the details with the different colours and lined up sentiment. Thanks for playing at Top Tip Tuesday and good luck. Hope to see you back next tuesday for another challenge. Bettina DT Member at Top Tip Tuesday xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhh fabulous !!! Love this background you have created! Thanks for joining us at SweetStamps.com
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did absolutely amazing lining these up! Gorgeous stamp and colors! Thanks for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you have created the background, very striking! Thanks for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday for our Anything Goes challenge
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete