Sunday, September 21, 2014

Say Cheese!

I am very fortunate that I live in a place where there are several scrapbooking stores.  It is true that online shopping is convenient, but going in to a store and browse and touch all the goodies make a world of difference.  The fact that we could make it a fun shopping trip with fellow crafters is another plus. 

Another thing I like about local scrapbooking stores is that they host classes and workshops from time to time.  In 2014 alone I have taken a few and will be taking more next month.  Again, online classes seem to be convenient that we can watch the videos in our PJs at the comfort of our home, and I like taking them.  However, the human interaction part and the hands-on experience are elements of a live class that cannot be easily replaced.  Need further arguments to be convinced that taking live classes is fun?  That's getting to meet new people who share the same interest.  The camaraderie in a live class is what I truly enjoy. 

In May this year, I took a live class in a local scrapbooking store.  After that, some of us students took a picture and our smiles in the picture really capture the fun and enjoyment we had in class:


I rarely share scrapbook pages on my blog partly due to my frustration in taking a decent picture of the page. Guess what?  The time spent on taking a picture of the layout above is about half of the time that took me to finish the project.  No kidding.

Wait, I totally forgot to add my journaling.  What was I thinking?

This page is extremely simple.  Just paper and paper and paper.  I used the Sweater Weather collection from Lawn Fawn, then die cut the title from Louie's ABCs die set and Quinn's ABCs die set.  The only embellishment, if any, is the stars die cut from Lawn Fawn Stitched Journaling Card die set.  Does this sketch look familiar to you?  It's one of the super sketches from Kelly Purkey!

I wanted to share our smiles with you and hope that you will continue to support local business.

Thanks for stopping by and Happy Crafting!


No comments:

Post a Comment