Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Stuffed Animals in a Meeting

Stuffed animals play quite a big role in my family.  I like them (yes, I still buy them at this age!), my brother and sister-in-law like them, and now my 2-year old also likes them.  Well, my mom likes them too.  The only person that does not like them as much as we do is probably my dad.

Having said that, my dad, didn't hesitate to buy a stuffed animal for his first grandchild, my niece R a big Minnie.  My niece R would put the big Minnie on a chair and then read with her, play with her and sometimes try to feed her.  She likes to feed Ernie from Sesame Street the most because Ernie's mouth is always open.  LOL.

R likes many activities but one thing we all enjoy is to play stuffed animals with her.  I can't even count the number of pictures that capture both me and her and some kind of stuffed animals.  One day we put the stuffed animals in a circle and did some role play.  It was so cute and I snapped a picture with my cell phone.  I turned it into a scrapbook layout:


Yup, the big Minnie is R's new favorite.  Just in case you are interested, she doesn't like Mickey, just Minnie.  LOL!

I used a sketch from a sketch class I'm taking now.  It's Sketchbook 2015 at Studio Calico.  I am enjoying it immensely!  There's no doubt that I truly like sketches.  Sketches help me a lot as I lack creativity and I only know how to read and follow sketches strictly.  What makes this class so awesome is that every sketch is interpreted to be used on layouts, cards, even project life!  I've learned so much from the contributor's interpretation.  

I've made several layouts based on the original sketches provided by the class.  My next step?  I'd love to use the sketch as the basis, but interpret it differently and make more layouts!  

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment